Critical Reflection on Skills on wheels

Some of the module I went through were the "Handle Face-to-Face Interview" and "Build Relationships".  I have chosen these two modules as I feel that I lack in knowledge in these two areas and I tend to make mistakes in an interview and also while building relationships.

Handle Face-to-Face Interview: 
It is important to prepare for the job interview with the relevant information that is needed such as the company-related research, industry related and job-related research. This is to convince the interviewer that you are serious about working in the company which would definitely help set you apart from your competitors. In addition, dressing appropriately and the verbiage used are also key in impressing the interviewers. A recent experience that I had was when I went for an interview for my IWSP in a hotel. If I was better prepared for the interview,  I could present myself better and increase my chances of attaining the position.


Build Relationship:
In terms of building a relationship, It may seem like a natural thing to know how to connect with people. However, through this application, I learnt that there are a few ways to easily build relationships with people. For example, observing a friend to offer a relevant compliment would actually increases their self-esteem. Understanding their perspective and mirroring their feelings could help show empathy and relate to them better. In addition, engaging with enthusiasm and maintaining good body language could also help in building good relationships. 


Usage of Skills on Wheels:
The information provided in the skills on wheels were useful, fun and easy to understand. The interactive element where you have to choose an option in the video to test on your knowledge actually allows me to put myself in that particular position and choose according to what I would do when face that situation, therefore, the choices would show how I truly will react. I chose a number of wrong answers and realized that my understanding may be wrong at certain times. The amount of questions asked were good as I will not get bored in trying to answer the questions. I would utilize this application in the future as it has easy access, and I could use it anywhere with my smartphone.

Comments

  1. Dear Zakiyah,

    Thanks a million for this detailed overview of how your immediate communication needs align with content in the two modules you studied in Skills on Wheels (SOW). It's impressive that you can find a way to integrate your learning from the modules with real life needs. You've illustrated that very well, mentioning your IWSP interview.

    In terms of the review of mode of learning, you do a good job as well. I only wonder if there was any negative aspect to doing so via the online modules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brad,

      As I am on my phone most of the time, I do not have an issue with using an application and would actually prefer doing it online! However, I feel that one possible problem that could arise in using an online module is the inability to gain instant response to the questions that I have while going through the lessons. Face-to-face lesson allows me to ask questions whenever in doubt and communicating with the professors would be so much easier. The chat feature in the application would also not guarantee an answer as the questions may be unique and would need further clarification. Thus, it would be a hassle for the professor and student to have a two-way communication through an application (online module).

      I hope that answers your question!

      Thank you,
      Zakiyah

      Delete
    2. It certainly does. Thank you, Zaki, for the detailed response.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts